CELERIAC AND MUSTARD ROSTIS
A tasty alterative to toast served with eggs and spinach
in the morning, or perfect as a side dish with any meal.
• Half a celeriac, peeled and grated
• Half an onion, sliced thinly
• 1 clove garlic, crushed or grated
• One egg, beaten
• ½ tsp ground turmeric
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• 1–2 tbsp flour (regular, gluten free or gram flour work well)
• 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
• Pinch sea salt and black pepper
• 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
Combine all the ingredients apart from the flour in a bowl, mixing thoroughly. Then sprinkle in the flour and combine, adding enough to soak up some of the liquid but don’t let the mixture get too dry. Heat the oil or ghee in a pan, and take a golf ball-sized scoop of the mixture at a time, adding to the pan in batches and flattening down with the back of a spoon so they resemble patties. Cook on a medium heat for about three minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer cooked rostis to a plate, top up the pan with oil if necessary and keep going until all the mixture is used.