Celeriac and carrot slaw
A bright and colourful side dish, full of goodness, to cheer up those winter days. It goes particularly well served alongside roast meat, chicken wings, sausages and burgers.
Serves: Six as a side dish
• 300g celeriac (peeled weight), peeled and grated
• 5 medium or three large carrots, peeled and grated
• 2 eating apples cored and chopped into matchstick sized pieces
• 75g raisins
• 5 tbsp mayonnaise
• 1–2 tbsp English or Dijon mustard, depending on how hot you like it
• 1 tsp tamari or coconut aminos sauce
• 1 tbsp chopped parsley
• Juice of one lemon
• Handful of seeds or chopped walnuts, optional
Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a large bowl, season if desired then serve!